Pineapple Protein Cookies
These cookies are great to conquer energy slumps and have the added value of protein and inflammation-fighting enzyme from the pineapple.
Ready in 25 minutes. Makes 24 cookies
1 c whole-grain flour
1 c wheat bran
1 c vanilla protein powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1/3 c Sucanat (optional)
1 tbsp. pineapple juice
1 c unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ c unsweetened coconut
1 c unsweetened crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- In a small bowl, stir Sucanat (optional) into pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the large bowl and combine gently. Add pineapple juice mixture, stirring gently. Do not over mix.
- Use a spoon and bare hands to form dough into small balls. Place onto baking sheets, flattening slightly. Bake in oven until lightly browned. Cool before serving.
Nutritional value per cookie: Calories: 100, Total Fats: 1g, Carbs: 15g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 8g